Under the Continuing Medical Education programs for the healthcare professionals, Medsol Diagnostics hosted an event on June 28th about the Recent Advancements in the field of Gynecology & Fetal Medicine.
Three eminent speakers presented their studies on this subject to a very interactive audience of healthcare professionals.
Dr. Muna Khalfan - Screening and Diagnosis of Down Syndrome
HOD-Obstetrics, Gynecology & Fetal Medicine
Al Qassimi Hospital Sharjah
Some of the highlights from Dr. Muna Khalfan’s presentation on the topic:
- Causes may be pre-conceptual or post-conceptual
- Chromosomal; Genetic;Multifactorial; Exposureto teratogenicor Known Screening and Diagnosis can be done by variety of modalities: Non Invasive or Invasive
- USS Role in the Screening for Genetic /Chromosomal Abnormalities (First Trimester mainly:Nuchal Translucency)& (Second Trimester Structural abnormalities and Soft markers)
- Indication &Limitation of Blood Investigation (Biochemical and Free cell fetal DNA)
- Indication and Risks of Invasive Procedures (Amniocentesis and Chorionic Villous Sampling)
Dr. Partha Das - Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Deputy Medical Director –Orchid Fertility, DHCC
Consultant Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility /IVF
Abstract of the presentation by Dr. Partha on the topic:
- Diminished Ovarian Reserve is a growing problem in the fertility community
- Many women as young as 28-29 years are diagnosed to have Diminished Ovarian Reserve
- Diagnosis at an early stage helps a lot of couples to decide on their fertility treatment and maximize fertility success.
- This session will enlighten the community doctors to diagnose the problem at an early stage and prevent a lot of infertility issues
Dr. Srikumar Goturu, MD., DD., DNB., FAAD- Biologics for Psoriasis and Eczema during Pregnancy issues for Fetal and Neonatal Health
HOD Dermatology Center Amber Clinics, Dubai
Medical Director Dr. Joseph’s Polyclinic- Karama
Abstract of the presentation by Dr. Srikumar on the topic:
- Translational revolution in our knowledge of immune mediated inflammatory conditions of the skin like psoriasis and atopic dermatitis have reached a tipping point in patient care.
- We are using biologics frequently in severe forms of these conditions with life changing results.
- Issues related to pregnancy and fetal wellbeing are very important in this context
Mr. Jawad Jamil (CEO - Medsol Diagnostics) opened the event thanking the professionals for their valuable time on this working day, and handing it over to Dr. Solmaz Siddiqui (Lab Director - Al Abbar Laboratories)as the host with the subsequent closing remarks by Mr. Jawad, followed by the invite for the dinner.
Entire Medsol Diagnostics team presented themselves for this event and assisted and answered any queries that the attending professionals had.